LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Where off-topic, flames, etc are thrown.
User avatar
Radio Paul
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:57 am

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by Radio Paul » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 am

Gnu wrote:
Radio Paul wrote:New Rules for protesting from whining bitches

No talking to:
The elderly
The young
The middle aged
(Insert excuse here)
Strawmen arguments. No one ever discussed not talking to various people.
The aggressiveness/taunting has been discussed though, as well as the usefulness of this tactic in the long run.

No loud voices (might be scary)
No being silent (might freak people out)
No normal talking (you will be accused of trying to get info and violate someones privacy rights) "see WWP debate"
Strawman, etc...
Loud voices are frequent at protests. Sometimes there in an issue with noise complaints, but at major protests I have attended, the cops usually did not make a big issue of it. Amplified sound was usually not allowed. And there are people who are not scientologists living on L Ron Hubbard Way as well.
But loud voices are in fact used. Most negative opinion expressed here are about the content of the speech rather than the volume.
I don't know where the no being silent/no normal talking came from. Links please.

Don't protest alone (Stalking?)
This recommendation is for the benefit of the protester. There is safety in numbers and a better ability to film an encounter should the lone protester be attacked or have his camera disabled.


Don't protest with to many people (Scary large groups)
Again, strawman. No one says this. Large groups are great.



I could go on???
This old fart attacked AGP just like other cult members have done in the past. They think they have a right to assault protester, this guys behavior is typical. If you watch the video AGP did not freak this guy out this guy, he annoyed him!

You are letting your affection for AGP cloud you objectivity, IMO.

You have proved my whole point! There will always be some little bitch who will bitch. The points I made were largely hypothetical and here you come to bitch. I have never meet AGP but I do have a fondness for people that put the money where there mouth is. Care to share your videos? Show us how to cave the cult in, come on. No I doubt you have, because some little bitch would be telling you you were doing it wrong LOL

User avatar
Gnu
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 am

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by Gnu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:01 am

Radio Paul wrote: many uses of the term bitch

You sound very upset. I recommend a nice warm bath to calm your nerves.

And you have seen my videos. You just don't know it because I am anonymous in the truer sense of the word.
"Wisdom comes by disillusionment."
George Santayana

User avatar
sekh
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by sekh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:04 am

Imagine yourself being in a cult. Over time the doubt is growing. You see things that are not right. You start to think about leaving. Who would you turn to? The friendly and supportive group of people who are willing to listen to your arguments or the group that's shouting about cult abuse and insulting people you have great admiration for and makes fun of the teachings you still consider sacred?
You've been taught the outside world is evil and out to get you. When you are confronted aggressively, it just confirms the things you've heard from your leaders.

It's counterproductive, people will cling even more to the safe haven of their cult. And the public will see a group of bullies hounding a poor brainwashed cult-victim. Your group will loose public sympathy.

I think the guidelines Skeptik2girl posted above are wise. And use the Golden Rule; do not do unto others, what you don't want others to do unto you. Or to your child, or to your grandfather.

Saying this, I must confess that I would have a hard time practicing what I preach when Little Davey would fall into my hands in a close, soundproof room, with no witnesses.... Same thing for Moxon, Dunnigan and Yingling (who may be, in a way, the worst of them all; she is ONLY in it for the money, the others have at least the excuse of their religious beliefs).

But that will never happen, having a sadistic daydream every now and again doesn't hurt anybody. And it feels sooo good!! :wink:

Sekh
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Sir Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

User avatar
Radio Paul
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:57 am

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by Radio Paul » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 am

Gnu wrote:
Radio Paul wrote: many uses of the term bitch

You sound very upset. I recommend a nice warm bath to calm your nerves.

And you have seen my videos. You just don't know it because I am anonymous in the truer sense of the word.
Bitch bitchity - (is that how you spell it) bitchity bitch bitch!

User avatar
Smurf
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 am

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by Smurf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 am

duhast wrote:And that's the struggle I have. It is my natural character to go into 'warrior' mode, but I totally hear you and your POV. For me, it is a struggle. I know that one could even make the same argument about DM, KM, and DD, and that is the absolute hardest part for me, I have very little/no love/forgiveness for bullies, and I don't think God triumphs over Satan in the end by loving him into the Kingdom. However, ultimately that is not our personal battle, it's His, and we are given other commands, like "love your enemies."

I'm just confessing that for me oftentimes it is very very hard.
Congratulations! You're acting like a normal human being.

User avatar
'Alert'
Posts: 5218
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Location: Bondi Beach
Contact:

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by 'Alert' » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 am

Radio Paul wrote: Care to share your videos?
I wouldn't normally promote my vid's in such a way, but I'll be your huckelberry.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJAqiyLtq0

How's that for someone that is a "bitch", as you are now calling others


Radio Paul wrote: Show us how to cave the cult in, come on.
Lurk moar, newfag.

http://gawker.com/#!5002269/the-cruise- ... o-suppress


AGP isn't even close to doing anything of substance beyond getting put in jail.

It takes far more than self-promotion and aggressive antics to do damage to the cult of scientology.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23873&hilit=ideal

In fact, the vast majority of having the cult "cave in" is started and perpetuated in back channels long before attention-whores like AGP have a chance to fuck things up.

Thank fuck we don't have him here in Australia.


But what would so many of us "bitches" know?

http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=4902
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australian_ ... _id=204654
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

User avatar
AngryGayPope
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: Hollywood, USA
Contact:

I'm not here to make things easier for Scientologists

Post by AngryGayPope » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 am

I'm not here to make it easier for Scientologists to leave, I'm here to make it harder for them to stay!

Sponge does nothing but criticize my videos yet I do not think Sponge has ever uploaded and discussed a video made by him/herself.

Locked

Return to “Dustbin”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests